- yesterday's warm weather made me REALLY excited for spring/summer. now that i'm a {mostly} permanent resident of Utah/Happy Valley, i look forward to the warm weather (especially now that i know how much fun it is!)
- i was reading my little sister's blog last night and I realized how little i know about her and my brother. the 5 and 7 year age differences probably accounts for that discrepancy. i was out of the house by the time she started high school, so in my mind, she was essentially frozen in time as a 13 year old. High school is really when you become an individual, so I didn't get to see the things she did, or figure out what she was/is interested in. It was quite the eye-opening experience. With my brother on the other hand, I think I've got him pretty well figured out, but that's because he's 1) a boy, 2) the baby, and 3) my favorite person in the WHOLE WORLD, so we spent a lot of time together in the year that i was home. Although Bryce was essentially frozen as a 7 year old in my mind, the time we spent hanging out last year really overcame that mindset for me, and helped me see him as the now 16 (YIKES) year old that he is.
- I promised myself when I moved back to Provo that I would not let myself get into the rut I was in with he-who-must-not-be-named again. Yet, I'm afraid I am (though, thankfully, not with him), and I'm not quite sure how to get out of it. I'm a natural-born fixer, and feel like I have to make everything right, even if the other person doesn't show that they know/feel something is wrong. I can't just ignore it. But I'd rather not mess things up with this person by asking questions and being upfront. Anyone that knows me, knows I can't exactly keep my mouth shut (when it comes to me, personally. i'm a great secret keeper otherwise).
- I want softball/baseball season to start. And I'm pretty sure that's the first time I've EVER said that. In my life. I HATED baseball a couple years ago, but after working a summer scorekeeping softball, I've learned to enjoy it. It just screams summertime. And let's be honest, summertime is the best season.
- We start our coed soccer tournament this week. I'm slightly nervous, since they bumped us up two divisions to D2. I have great faith in our team's abilities (we DID beat two separate teams 13-1 and 10-1 during regular season). However, there are some good teams out there. I just want to win a shirt, dangit! That's all I ask.
- Powderpuff football is Saturday. I'm stoked. I love football. Although, I don't love people that know nothing about the sport, absolutely nothing. I guess it is one thing to be able to understand a game while watching it, it's completely different playing it. But c'mon! Didn't anyone play powderpuff in high school?? Or intramurals? (apparently not, since I had to help explain: routes, positions, plays, how to block, etc) It's fine though, it'll be super fun.
- What else is Saturday? Sham Rock n Roll, of course! I was there for the 2nd annual, now I'm back for the 4th annual, and man, if it's anything like Rocktoberfest was, I can only imagine how great it's going to be. I've got a flip cup team together and we might have some newbies to the squad, but I think we'll be alright. I can hold my own (30 flips in a row, anyone?) The other teams are missing out on not having me with them. ;)
- Thursday marks the 9 year anniversary of Kurt Mautner's death. The fact that I still remember and still think about him all the time shows how awesome this kid was. Sometimes it still saddens me to think about all the things he's missed. When I was in high school, it wasn't such a big deal, as a senior though, I thought, Kurt never got to be a senior. When I graduated, same thing, never got to graduate. College, Kurt never went to college. I am now 6 years older than he was when he passed. To me, that's crazy. To think of all the things I've done (or haven't done) makes me really appreciate life, and wonder what Kurt would have done if he were still here. More awesome things, I'm sure.
- Let's go live life and not care about what people think!
Monday, March 14, 2011
weekly musings
I haven't done one of these in a while, so why not?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Kayla,
ReplyDeleteI know nothing about football. I do know things about other subjects that people know nothing about, though. A lot of girls didn't grow up around football like you were fortunate enough to. Forgive them. And then give them an easy pass to catch and watch the hook and ladder unfold.
Dreamt by Caitlin
haha. funny you say that, i didn't actually grow up liking football. it wasn't until i was a sophomore in high school that i really started going to my school's games, and then not until midway through that year that i started understanding it. but you're right, i was fortunate to be able to attend a TON of USC home games.
ReplyDeletei would throw an easy pass if QB wasn't my worse position. probably fortunate that it is though, we've got better passers than i. i'll just run the ball. :)
I've been called a lot of different names in my day, but "he-who-must-not-be-named" is a new one. Lets work on it Kayla.
ReplyDelete