Wednesday, March 16, 2011

i know famous people

as i sat at work today watching last night's episode of Glee (and falling more in love with Blaine--despite the fact that he's gay...) i realized how having crushes on characters from movies/tv shows, or actors really overrides any real-life crushes i may have.
and maybe that isn't fair to the guys that i know, since they're real and well, the others are creations of someone's imagination, but really, i was watching blaine singing and any guy in my life i might have been interested in just sort of faded away into oblivion. it didn't matter that they were ignoring me, or didn't realize i was interested/would go out with them if they asked.
Glee, as you may know, is probably my favorite show on television these days. the music just keeps getting better and better. last night's rendition of Maroon 5's 'Misery'? amazing. Kurt singing The Beatles' 'Blackbird'? phenomenal. the original songs performed by Rachel and New Directions? Brilliant. The storyline might be a bit iffy from week to week, but you know what? I can ignore that. Especially if the boys from Dalton Academy's Warblers are on it.
Guess it helps that my good friend Jonnie Hall is a member of said club. {here comes the post title} Seeing him on tv every week is awesome. I love seeing old friends going places and doing things with their lives. And Jonnie sure is talented.

Speaking of famous people, I really don't know that many. Amanda Bynes, Jonnie, Jackson Emery (although he would not be able to place my face at all since I was MIA in my freshman ward all those years ago), randoms here and there that I knew from growing up in Thousand Oaks, CA.
But I'm sure I'll meet more. I mean, my friends are pretty fantastic and there's a good handful that could potentially become famous.
Last night at work, my supervisor and I were discussing BYU basketball (typical): he knowing Brandon Davies, Kyle and Chris Collinsworth, etc, and how they come by often since they're friends with his brother. He mentioned that he went down to the tournament this past weekend and heard a lot of people talking smack not only about Davies, but about Jimmer and the team as a whole. One in particular kind of just made my jaw drop. He said a girl and her friend were talking bad about Jimmer, and so he asked the girl, would you ever date Jimmer? A typical girl's response would most likely be yes: he's fairly attractive, a great basketball player, has an education, and will potentially be making millions in the NBA. Kind of a girls' dream guy, right? Well, her answer was, well, not exactly surprising (she was an SDSU fan...) but her reasoning BEHIND her answer was what got me: She said "no, because he's a virgin." ARE WE SERIOUS?! First thought through my head? Tramp. Second thought? She really wants to be with someone who is essentially used merchandise? Fine, leave the good ones to us.
From that, our discussion veered towards me saying that there are good looking guys on the team, and I would date all of them, Davies included, only if he weren't only 19 (and me being 23...). My supervisor then said there was a guy he needed to get me a date with. I started going through the BYU roster, trying to figure out who he could be referring to that wasn't a) on a mission (or about to go on one) or b) already taken by a wife or girlfriend. Nothing. That's when he busted out a picture of a fairly attractive {black} guy with his two young daughters. I asked who it was (since it was taken at UVU's basketball court). The answer? Jeremy Evans, rookie player with the JAZZ. Yes, THE Jazz, as in the UTAH JAZZ. He jumped into this long story that, to make it short, ended with Jeremy Evans giving a female fan his ACTUAL cell phone number, and telling her not to be a stranger after she jokingly said when he signed her noisemaker after a game that he could also give her his number. As I left he said, I'll see what I can do for you to make this happen.
Trophy wife? That was always Brianna's dream, but I'll take it if it comes along. I mean, a girls' gotta do what a girls' gotta do, right?

{so i know famous people by association. that counts, right?}
Also, sorry for the lengthy post. Sometimes I just gotta talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment