There's been a ton going on since the last time i posted, but at the same time, not a lot has been going on. It's pretty much been the same stuff I always do: go to school, go to work, snowboard. I had one of the best snowboarding days last Thursday (Valentine's Day) with Matt and Jordan. The sun was shining bright, Sundance got 8" of snow and it was just an overall good day. Tiring for sure, but good. We hit some good jumps, tried out the boxes that were just installed, and explored the other side of the mountain...aka the black diamond bowls and the untouched powder. Beautiful. That night I met the girls at CPK for an all girl V-Day dinner and then played some Rockband at Sarah's friend Paul's apartment before going to the Riverwoods to watch Step Up 2. Lame plot (who's surprised, really?) but AMAZING dancing. I haven't seen dancing like that since last summer's season of SYTYCD. I left the theater breathless. I loved that everyone there started belting out Low when it played on the screen...that's when you know a song is over played...luckily I like that song :)
Last week was hell week and seriously, I haven't been so stressed about midterms...ever. I felt like I was in the middle of finals week, with so many deadlines to meet. My first two tests weren't horrible, but the third one was a killer. By that point, I was emotionally drained and just wanted to cry/sleep. I also wanted to drop out of school and fulfill my dream of living as a snow bum, and I told Dan that. He just laughed.
Going into this weekend, I didn't think I would enjoy myself since I had a ton of homework to do and everyone was either in Vegas or California, but I was pleasantly surprised. Carma's aunt allowed Carma to open her house to a bunch of us kids from the ward, so we had food, games, music and the hot tub. So much fun. I definitely got to know more people from the ward, which I've been trying to do lately, since I feel like I don't know anyone. Evan and Austin used me as their dance partner. Evan showed me salsa moves/dips/lifts and Austin just country danced with me and got me insanely dizzy but it was amazingly fun. I'll definitely have to get them to take me with them when they go country dancing next time. I was able to pick up the steps fairly quickly and they were surprised but impressed. I guess it helps that I'm a dancer at heart and know how to learn dances quickly. Us 4 roommates (Jen is out of town...) spent the night there, woke up Sunday morning and made breakfast, then came home for church. Really fun. Then began the long procrastinated reading I needed to get done. My goal was to have it all finished last night, but that didn't happen. Circumstances changed and forced me to do the rest of the reading today, but I am pleased to announce that I did finish and feel like I am semi prepared for class tomorrow (YES!) Now I am exhausted and ready to pass out. I think I might do that.
All I have to say is, I am MIGHTY pleased with how this weekend ended, and I really hope things stay the way they currently are....I would be sorely disappointed if I got hurt again :(
No comments:
Post a Comment