President Hinckley passed away tonight around 7 pm MST. He was one of the cutest, most brilliant, humble, outstanding man ever.
I thought that when this day finally arrived that I would cry a lot. However, tonight, prior to finding out about his passing, I had a thought about President Hinckley, almost as if I knew that his spirit was leaving this world. When I finally found out, I was almost calm about it. Yes I was sad, but he lived a good full life and I think I was ready for this. It was easier to accept than I would've believed.
President Monson is set to be the next prophet, as he is the senior apostle, but no one will know for sure who will be called until the counselors and the Quorum meet after President Hinckley's funeral. And even then, it is all in the hands of God. It is his decision and we are all anxious to find out who will be the 16th president of the Church.
I thought that when this day finally arrived that I would cry a lot. However, tonight, prior to finding out about his passing, I had a thought about President Hinckley, almost as if I knew that his spirit was leaving this world. When I finally found out, I was almost calm about it. Yes I was sad, but he lived a good full life and I think I was ready for this. It was easier to accept than I would've believed.
President Monson is set to be the next prophet, as he is the senior apostle, but no one will know for sure who will be called until the counselors and the Quorum meet after President Hinckley's funeral. And even then, it is all in the hands of God. It is his decision and we are all anxious to find out who will be the 16th president of the Church.
No comments:
Post a Comment