Sunday, January 27, 2008

Life experiences


I just bought these FABULOUS shoes for $8 at Target. Uhm, yes. I have never had red heels but have always wanted some...unfortunately I was never able to find ones that were quite right, that were cute, but not...slutty. These ones were perfect! I couldn't have been happier with my purchase.
I also bought cute wedges from Old Navy along with an adorable beach type tote in a pink design. Awesome.
After those two successes, I thought I would try my hand at finding aviators at the mall (something I have been trying to do for the last couple of years, but have failed enormously). Luck was still with me when I headed to Forever 21 and found great ones for under $6. They'll be my driving sunglasses. I have my big ones for outings and such...which reminds me...I need to find those...
However, my luck ran out after that...I got back to my car to find that my key would not turn in the ignition...it was stuck in the lock position. After trying for several minutes, I called my mom to see if she would know what to do. She suggested calling AAA but I really wasn't too hyped on the idea. After several, more failed attempts, I gave in and called. The phone operator suggested jumping the car, but it wasn't my battery...the lights were still working. She also suggested towing it, but I didn't want to have to deal with that. Her third option was having someone come out to assess the situation (that statement reminds me of a Dane Cook act...) but I knew that would take longer than I had the patience for. At this point, that small voice that had been whispering in my head the last 20 minutes or so finally became prevalent...I decided to call Matt. For some reason I always feel bad when I call him for favors or help, even though I know he would jump at the chance to assist me if I needed it. So I called him, almost in tears, saying my car wouldn't turn on and could he come help me. He unfortunately was driving back from Park City, and was only in Lehi, but that he would come as soon as he could to jump me. I told him the situation, that it wasn't my battery and he told me to jiggle the steering wheel as I turned the key, and to make sure I was in park (first thing that crossed my mind too, since I had an experience with that a couple weeks ago). I got off the phone, tried his suggestion, and immediately it worked. Sigh of relief. And a text to him, thanking him profusely. (I couldn't call, since I practically WAS in tears at this point, out of sheer frustration, and gratitude for him)
Definitely wasn't thrilled with how the night ended, but was super glad Matt was available for me to run to in my time of need. Showed me how much he does care...and made me realize how grateful I am to have him in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment