i'm kind of a bibliophile (thank you, 11th grade English teacher, for teaching me these kinds of big words).
i looooove books. and i love reading.
especially series-type books (i.e. Harry Potter, Hunger Games, etc) because I become slightly obsessed.
i have a hard time finding new books though, i just don't know where to start!
when i was living in provo, i would walk to the library (love that Provo Library--so pretty!) and just browse the shelves, looking for something that would catch my eye. i read a lot the summer i finished up my degree (nothing of much substance though--it's summer, i want some easy reads, ya know!)
the first thing i did when i moved to salt lake was get myself a library card, though i don't use it much these days (not quite as close as the Provo Library, though still cool looking).
bookstores are probably my favorite stores. i can spend hours browsing through the hundreds of books available for purchase.
i decided i wanted to start my future family's library, and my mother so kindly obliged to helping me out by purchasing me a few of these books from B&N:
cute, right? i also purchased the Millenium Trilogy (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo) and have loved them. When I went home, I grabbed a few of my books to bring back to Salt Lake. (and mom, I expect that once Bryce is done with high school that I'll get all of my English Lit books back as well)
I could easily go into a bookstore and feel good about walking out with $30 worth of books in my arms. i love the feel of books, of turning the pages, the smell of fresh ink. Though, I can't justify buying some of the classics that are my favorite because they're already in California...but I digress.
The other day I was walking around B&N like normal, and my eye caught on this book:
I had heard people talk about it, knew that there was a movie coming out about it, and decided I needed to read it. plus, it was only 7 bucks. not bad, right?
well, i spent my Sunday afternoon reading the entire thing. I think in total, it took me about 7 hours to finish.
(by the way, did I mention that i read books obscenely fast? well, i do. I read HP7 in 8 hours as well)
i loved it! i can't wait to get my hands on the next couple in the series and get lost in those as well.
and despite the fact that i have two other books that i've started already, i'm ready for more books to read! i want to get into the percy jackson series, because i've heard good things about them, but what else do you suggest?
new, old, doesn't matter (though, if they're old, it'll give me a reason to check out some rare bookstores downtown), give me your thoughts on some books to read!






Kay, that's so funny because I just checked out Ender's Game like two days ago from the library. So I'm glad to hear you liked it! I tried Percy Jackson, but it was way too juvenile for me, I didn't finish it. If you like series have you tried Children of the Promise? (Historical Fiction) If you like fantasy have you read The Hobbit? There is a movie coming out of that as well. I think everyone needs to read Left to Tell by Immacule? something, and The Hiding Place. And the Last Lecture. Miss you!
ReplyDeleteI haven't read them yet, but have heard that the "Beautiful Creatures" seris (I think there are 3 books)is really good.
ReplyDelete