{whatever tickles your fancy}
I didn't go home for Thanksgiving this year. Being an adult and working full-time kind of puts a damper on holidays. It wasn't so bad though. This is the second Thanksgiving that I was away from home. I had my entire apartment to myself. I blasted my music as I got ready in the morning. I spent the day making sweet potato casserole, and then had dinner at Steve and Andrew's where we partook of both fried turkey injected with cajun butter (can we say YUM) and roasted turkey. Both delish. I was stuffed by the end. It was good company. Andrew's sisters and brother in law where there, as were a few people from the ward that didn't go home either. Afterwards, we had planned on resting and then going bowling. Instead we sat around the living room with the fire going, the christmas lights on and played Guess that 90s band. Great game. I knew a lot. And a few of those I knew by just the first few notes. What can I say, I'm kind of a music connoisseur. We then proceeded to play it with 80s music, and then oldies. And then tv/movie theme songs. And then Disney. I dominate Disney. Did I mention my team got 98th out of 300 teams at Disney trivia in September? Well, we did. But that's beside the point.
Once people started coming back, I had a lot more fun. Abby Andrew and I shopped a bit Saturday (mostly Andrew) and then came back to his house to watch the TERRIBLE BYU/Utah game. (really refs? really??) BUT, Jameson was in town (yay!) so i spent the rest of the day watching sports/comedians, and then Caitlin Jameson and I went over to Morgan's house since all inhabitants of the Sunshine house left. Yeah, weird to hang out there when no one else was there. At Morgan's I learned how to play Settlers of Cataan. Interesting game. Once I really understand the purpose and the rules, I think I would really enjoy it. I really just want to see Morgan, Nate and Jameson play it, because apparently they get way into it, yelling ensues, etc. It would be really entertaining I think. After Settlers we went and got soup at Jason's Deli since J was getting sick and it was freezing outside. Then we all watched A-Team (which I had just watched the Sunday previously, but I can't turn down movies, especially with friends I rarely hang out with). Definitely stayed out later than I probably should have, but I gotta take advantage of the times that J's in town, because it doesn't happen all that often, and when it does, it's never for more than a few hours at a time, since he spends most of his time with his fam in Salt Lake.
I definitely think I needed a vacation FROM my vacation though. Anyone else ever feel like that?
Sorry for the long-ish post with no pics. I've failed at taking pictures lately. I'm really embarrassed. But I blame it on the fact that my friends and I don't do a lot of things except watch sports/movies/tv and eat. Lame, I know.
No comments:
Post a Comment