{a letter to a deceased person that you wish you could talk to}
fortunately in my life, there haven't been too many people that i was close to that have passed away. on the other hand, that makes this, mighty difficult. usually people would choose a famous person (or infamous). If I ever had a chance to sit down and talk to someone that died before I lived, I honestly don't know what I would ask them.
but perhaps I'll take a gander at this and see what comes of it.
Dear Founding Fathers,
It's been quite some time since you wrote the Bill of Rights and Constitution, and times surely have changed. We have (mostly) equal rights for people of all races and sex, the world is a bigger place than you knew it, countries that used to reign supreme are no longer a power, and religion has become an issue, as opposed to the building block of society. What do you think of how things are, and how they have changed? Your belief in a higher power led you to form this nation, but now, we cannot even say that there is a higher power without fear of outrage and protest over whether that denies rights of others. Let's delve into this: what were you intentions when writing the BoR and Constitution? Our Supreme Court now takes it upon themselves to decipher what you fine men meant when writing certain passages, which then causes problems amongst the politicians (and those studying politics, like myself). Really, it'd be great if you could just come back and explain what you meant, and draw the lines and re-evaluate how the United States is now, and reorganize the Constitution.
Thanks,
Kayla A Abilez (future president)
No comments:
Post a Comment