Wednesday, April 7, 2010

spring break

Spring Break was fantastic.
The best part is, I still have 4 days left of it!
And, better yet, I can spend those days out in the sunshine!
I loved being back in Utah. My friends made it all worth it.
It's not like I did anything super exciting, didn't go anywhere, there weren't parties, but I got to spend time with people that I truly love, that I haven't seen in a while.
And sure, the snow wasn't all that great (well, for me, it was exciting since I haven't been in snow in a year) but it was nice to just be around people constantly. I've kind of missed it.
Though as much as I enjoyed my time there, there was something missing.
A void. Half of my heart that wasn't quite there.
I know what it was.
I tried to ignore it.
but that's like trying to ignore the elephant in the room.
I blocked it from my mind as best I could though and enjoyed the time I had there, not knowing when I would go back again.
All in all though, it was a success.
There were some people I wanted to see but couldn't. But with only 6 full days there, what can you expect?
I just let them all know that if I didn't get to see them, that they are more than welcome to visit me in California...we always have nice weather :)

EDIT: Today is a pretty special day, at least in my mind. For my reasons why, go here and here. (Just add a year to the first post and it will be applicable to today)

No comments:

Post a Comment