The other day I was driving through TO (Thousand Oaks, for those non-oak town-ites)
listening to my ipod play on shuffle (something I don't do often enough)
and an old song came out through the speakers that brought me back to my dorm days at BYU.
It reminded me of the people I spent most of my time with
the random things we did to entertain ourselves
and the good times we had.
Other songs have that same effect on me:
it will bring me back to a certain time, a certain place,
a specific memory.
Fragrances do the same thing.
Does that happen to anyone else?
As I finished my drive, it occurred to me that if that song had not played, I would not have thought of that memory. I worry that because I don't regularly write down the things that happen in my life, that I will slowly start losing and forgetting them.
But then I realized that because I live my life surrounded by music and sound that I will always have that to remind me of the good times, and even the bad times.
I still think I need to do better at recording my life--using music to remind me.


No comments:
Post a Comment