Sunday, April 6, 2008

summer plans

Did I ever mention that I'm moving to the east coast this summer? Well, I am. Germantown, MD to be exact. I'm living with my mom's youngest brother, who is 12 years my senior, and his wife Carrie who is pregnant, about to give birth in June, and their (for the time being) only son, Holden. I seriously cannot wait. I've been looking forward to this since I discussed it with Steven months ago, and now I can't believe how close it actually is. I'll leave May 11th (Mother's Day, what a bummer, eh?) and will stay until August 16th. 3 full months! I'll spend time with them, with my grandparents (neither of which I've seen since I've started college) and my mom's older brother, Larry and his family, once they move back to the states from the Netherlands. oooh, I can't wait.
Another plus, is that my BEST FRIEND and best BIG BROTHER, Brent, gets home July 31st!!! I talked to his mom last week and there's FINALLY a date set. His homecoming talk is August 10th, so I'll at least get to see him before I fly home and then move back to Utah. This summer is already looking up to be one of the best ones. True, I won't have any friends with me, but I'll have my extended family there, and we already have some plans for FUN. Steven got us tickets to the LA Galaxy/DC United soccer game the day that Carrie is due (smart, I know) and that first weekend, we're going to the Outer Banks, NC!! They do this every summer and every summer I'm jealous that we're so far away and can't participate. But I finally get to go! And I've always wanted to go to North Carolina.
Aaron will be in PA this summer, so will Jason, and according to some other people I know, a lot of their friends will be in the DC area. I'm hoping to get a job at the Gaithersburg Park and Rec, doing exactly what I'm doing now, because I know I'll enjoy it and I'll meet people. Maybe I'll even get to go to the singles' ward out there and meet some cute boys ;) I can only hope...
Every time someone finds out I'm going there, they ask me why. I can't give them a straight answer, but all I know is I need a change of scenery, out of the Bubble and away from California, where there's not a lot left for me. And the east coast is definitely somewhere I love to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment