So, I really LOVE work. and the people I work with. They're fantastic. But let me tell you a story about them.
Monday Sharon, Amy and I were sitting in the back at our staff meeting. Brian (big bro--the one that LOVESSSS to annoy the little sis) was sitting at the table in front of us. Adam walked in late and came to take the seat next to Brian, in front of us girls. I looked up and said hi (since I'm such a nice person and that's just what I do) and as soon as Adam sat down, Brian said in a loud whisper "she wants you." I just laughed and said "Thanks Brian" and Adam turned around and looked at me. Brian continued, saying, he's got a girlfriend. I responded with "sad day" (totally being sarcastic, but not caring if they took me seriously or not) and again, Adam looked back at me and kinda just shook his head...I think he was kinda weirded out at this point. Nothing more came from that day and nothing was brought up, until last night at Dixon...Sharon and I were working together, with Troy as a ref. (FAVE!) I looked at the scoresheets to find out what division we were working, only to be surprised with....D1!! whoo! MEANING, I got to watch SQ's game at 8:30 and Brian, Aaron and Adam's game at 9:30...SCORE! Sharon and I got to talking about their game on Wednesday and I said I wish I could've gone but I had to work at Centennial. She told me it was alright, but that Adam didn't even play because he was sick. I was like, oh sad, everyone is getting sick lately. And then I realized, she didn't say ANYTHING about the other boys, only made it a point to mention that Adam wasn't even there, like it would've mattered to me. I pointed this out to her and she started laughing, as did I, about the incident from Monday night. We then decided that Brian is like the big/little brother that loves to annoy you and that you so want to strangle, but deep down, you really love. We also decided we were gonna tell him that when he came for his game later that night. 8:30 rolls around and we're working on the 3rd game of the night. Brian and Aaron showed up early, as always, and sat talking to SQ who was out with an injury. As I was scorekeeping, I looked up and across the court and saw Adam sitting with his girlfriend. I pointed this out to Sharon, who started laughing and said, he made a point of bringing her, I'm sure, after what Brian said on Monday. I cracked up and thought about it and was like, That would be terrible if it was true! But I think he's brought her before. We started analyzing them and decided it was kinda awkward, and then Sharon mentioned that maybe it's a new relationship and I was like, yeah, 3 days new...just to show me that he's taken HAHA. Oh the joys of working. Once their game started, they weren't doing too well, and I told Troy right before the second half to not let them lose, that they're my favorite team and he can't give them any more fouls. And then he was like, so which one do you like, Brian or Adam? and i, very defensively, exclaimed NEITHER! and he laughed and said, I think it's Adam...I'm gonna tell him. I laughed back and was like, Brian already did.
After the game, Sharon and I were talking to Brian and told him our theory on how he's the annoying big brother that loves to mess with you. He just laughed and walked off. Oh I love those boys. They're great fun. I love that we can all mess with each other and it's like, not weird. I need that in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment