- Across the Universe and the GREAT music that came from it. I'm officially obsessed right now. In fact, I am currently listening to the soundtrack again.
- Beautiful piano music. In particular, Yann Tiersen's Comptine D'un Autre Ete, and Yiruma's The River Flows Through You, and Kiss the Rain. BEAUTIFUL. i cannot get enough of it. It calms me down and makes me smile.
- Being able to snowboard when I want/can. Friday I only got a couple hours in, but Nell and Brandon showed me some new runs I had never gone on. Opens up my previously limited choice of runs at Sundance. Pretty excited about exploring more this season.
- Good friends. Yesterday as I was heading to Belmont for Sarah and Cami's birthday celebration, I stopped at KH 106 to say hi to whoever was home. It was only Jon and Jordan, but it turned out to be fantastic. We chatted for a bit, I helped them pick out clothes to wear and then they came with me to Belmont where we talked more...I love those boys. They left to go get food, but invited me to go see I Am Legend with them at midnight. GREAT MOVIE. and good times with those guys. I'm definitely gonna hang out with them more next semester.
- Spending time with Brad Melchin. That kid is great. We barely hung out this semester, but we kinda made up for it today. I went with him to the mall to search for some snowboard gear. 4 hours later, we came out successful...and starving. I think he's pretty pleased with his purchases, and even I'M pleased with his purchases. They're fantastic :) We got a chance to talk and just hang out and it was great. He even bought me lunch afterwards, as a token of his gratitude for helping him out...it was a pleasure. I love being able to do things for friends when they need me.
Life's pretty good. Better than it has been for a while, and for that, I am grateful. I'm trying harder not to let the little things get to me and to just "go with the flow" as Brent always tells me and I feel like it's working out for me. I'm also not trying to over analyze situations. I think that's my downfall.
I've got 4 pretty tough tests this week, but as soon as they're done, I'm out of here and home in California for a couple weeks...pretty stoked. Can't wait to see my sisters and brother. It's been a while...too long, in fact. And just being in the warm weather...can't really top that.
No comments:
Post a Comment