Saturday, July 14, 2007

.secrets.

I'm an avid reader of Postsecret. It's updated every Sunday, eastern time, so I technically can read it late Saturday night. Some of the secrets that are posted do not relate to me specifically. Others touch me in a way that makes me think that I could possibly share the secret with the person that sent it in. I've copied and saved several of my favorites, I might post a few of them later on.
As I read these secrets, I look at my own life and wonder if there are any secrets that I have that I could possibly send in. Week after week, I can't think of any. Although there have been a couple times where I've written secrets out, intending to do something with them, not necessarily sending them to postsecret, but posting them somewhere. I did once, this past semester, on my myspace. I don't know if anyone actually saw it, if they knew it was me that said it and if they knew who it was about, but I don't really think that's the point of postsecret. I think it's just a way for people to face the things that bother them, or make them happy, to take a deeper look into their lives. I've heard, or rather read, stories of how postsecret has saved people's lives, pulled them out of depression, shown them that life is worth living and it makes me want to do something that can help people, whether it be right now, or in the future, as a career choice. I just don't know if I have the means right now to be able to do that. I hope I will soon, because I am the kind of person that feels like they have to do something to make others feel better, and I'd like to help as many people as I can, while I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment