Sunday, July 15, 2007

descriptions

My mom found my brother's descriptive essay that he wrote about me and thought that I should have it. I had a nightmare last night that it got wet and was completely lost, so, I've decided to post it here, at least until I find a safer spot for it. (By the way, my brother is 12, and in the 6th grade. He wrote this beautifully and it almost made me cry. I'm not deserving of all the praise he gives me)
"Do you have siblings you look up to? The sibling I look up to is my oldest sister. She is a really great person and example. Soon you too will think she's a great person.
My sister sets a great example for my family and myself. My oldest sister's name is Kayla. She is 19 years old, turning 20 this year. One of her examples is how she goes to college. She attends BYU (Brigham Young University) in Provo, Utah. As a high school student she attended TOHS (Thousand Oaks High School). She graduated high school in 2005 at the age of 17. Soon she'll be a junior in college. Kayla is about 5 feet 4 inches. Kayla has always been a great help and example to me.
Just by looking at her, you can tell Kayla's a good person. Kayla has short, black hair, brown eyes, she wears contacts, and she has straight, white teeth. Usually she'll smell like perfume or lotion. Kayla can really talk when it comes to a topic she likes or is very familiar with. Also, she has smooth, tan skin. When Kayla tries something for the first time, she usually is good at it.
Kayla has some of the best characteristics someone could have. Kayla is as fast as a cheetah. She's very thoughtful, athletic, hard working, loyal, and kind. She's smarter than 1,000 people and can argue like a lawer [sic]. Kayla can especially be helpful and caring. Kayla has helped and cared for me more times than I can rememer. She is definitely someone that's a pleasure to meet.
As you can see, Kayla is a great sister. She is a great person and sibling. Kayla Abilez, age 19, 5'4", attends BYU. She is extremely intelligent and athletic. Not only is Kayla a great sister, but a great friend to me."

Wow. I really hope I AM all of those things he said. I feel like I try to be thoughtful and caring, helpful and kind, but at times, it's like it doesn't even matter. That being nice to people hasn't gotten me anywhere. Sometimes I feel like people take advantage of that, and then act fake towards me, knowing I'll be nice to them anyway. I know I can't change what I am into what I'm not, but sometimes, I wish I wasn't so nice, so I could get things too, instead of everyone else always getting what they want. (Don't worry, I'll always be nice to those that I love...)

No comments:

Post a Comment