Wednesday, January 2, 2013

welcoming 2013

Looks like I've been a poor blogger of late. My apologies. But when am I not a poor blogger?

The year has come and gone so quickly. Hard to believe that it's already 2013. That come this summer, I'll have been out of school for as long as my college education lasted (4 years, for anyone that can't do the math, or don't know me well).
Hard to believe that I survived the ups and downs of 2012. I credit my mother, for raising me with morals and lessons to live by, and my personal beliefs for strengthening and guiding me. I can also credit good friends that brought smiles to my face, that helped me realize that I'm better than the trials I had to face, and who were willing to just listen to me complain (which I do a lot. Maybe that'll be a resolution? Nah, I've already broken it...)

I always have a hard time with New Years. I'm a dreamer. I want things to be magical and romantic. And then I never get that. And I'm disappointed.
This year, I knew where I wanted to be for NYE: Utah. And luckily, I had to be back for work on the 31st, so I drove to Utah on the 30th (getting in at 10 PM--yuck! And then proceeded to Grant's house, where we sat and talked for 3 hours straight...oops! Needless to say, work at 7 am came much too quickly)
I didn't know what I wanted to do, just who I wanted to be with. There was an abundance of parties, and friends going to certain activities, which to me, just didn't sound appealing.
So NYE was simple. Dinner at Alberto's (since it was 10 pm and nothing else was open, but it was delish) then a trip downtown to watch the fireworks show from the parking garage across the street from the Gallivan Center. Nothing elaborate, but not exactly what I had imagined in my mind either. Regardless, it was good.

I spent the rest of the first day of 2013 driving to Morgan with Brittany, and then watching football at Grant's. A pretty normal day off, but one that I appreciated nonetheless. And the 12 hours of sleep I got last night should tell you how sleep deprived I've been of late.

I'm excited to see what's in store for 2013. Hopefully, grad school will be part of that. And maybe some new and exciting adventures. I don't like planning for the future, for fear that I'll be disappointed when those plans don't come to fruition, so instead, I'll keep an open mind and let things happen as they will.

No comments:

Post a Comment