Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Resolutions

I haven't really done a "resolution list" in a few years.
Mostly because I don't want to be constrained to a list--and then be upset with myself when I don't accomplish what I "resolved" that I would do.
Also, because I don't like being a failure.

Last year, I decided I just wanted to be HAPPY.
Whatever that might entail, I would do it.
And I'd say for the most part, I was.
I loved living where I was, I loved the changes I made. And sure, there were some lower points, but I think I had the perspective to understand why those happened. I needed to learn a lesson. And hopefully, I've learned from those mistakes.

This year, I didn't really think much about making a resolution. I would just live in the moment, continue enjoying the things I was doing, and changing things that didn't make me happy.
(I also thought about giving up soda, again, but that was as I was drinking my third DP of the year....on the 4th day of the year. Clearly, that wasn't going to happen)

And then just recently, I've been thinking about being braver. About taking risks.
Then I started thinking about faith. I have it, for the most part. But something occurred to me--believing that something can and will happen is all well and good, but if you're not doing anything about it, then nothing CAN happen. And that's where I'm at now. I need to start acting on what I want. I can't keep sitting around waiting for things to happen in my life. And that's when the fear sets in. But I think that's the point of faith.
You're supposed to be scared of moving forward, of taking action. Because you don't know what the outcome will be. But you have faith that it will work out the way it's supposed to.

So that's what I'm going to try to do. 2013 is about being braver. About really acting on the faith that I know God has a plan for me. I'm going to do my part to show that I believe, even if it's terrifying. And even if I might not want to know the outcome, because it could break my heart (but never my faith).

So here's to being braver, and taking more risks.


No comments:

Post a Comment