Notice anything different?
If you're a) not close with me or b) haven't known me for long, you wouldn't.
For those of you that guessed earrings, you would be correct.
Nearly 14 years after first getting them pierced (and 10 years since I've actually worn earrings) I finally re-pierced my ears this weekend.
Probably the highlight of our Saturday (while everyone else was enjoying date night at the ice rink...)
I've been talking for years about doing it, but never did.
Natalie and Abby finally convinced me to just jump in.
Didn't occur to me that I had a soccer game coming up this Saturday.
Or that I have 3 others after that (maybe more if we make it to tourney, which we should)
Meaning, I get to be cool and either hide my earrings, or wear tape.
Joys.
Soccer was the reason I let my ears close up in the first place.
Figures that I'd be right in the middle of a season when I pierced them again.
Here are more pics of that moment (courtesy of Abby's blackberry)
pre-piercing. unawares, wearing a typical face for me.
First ear!
Can't back out now, here comes the second (and more painful!)
I'm still feeling it out, not sure how I'll adapt to having earrings again.
I've got some cute ones picked out for when my 6 week probation is up.
Besides that though, nothing else was too exciting.
Unless you count the Super Bowl.
The game wasn't much. But the arguments, celebrations and yelling from Gary, Nate, Jameson and Kasey was more than enough entertainment.
Oh of course then there was Into the Woods which really needs no explanation at all.
And I have to say, I made some pretty popular football shaped sugar cookies.
And a mean smores brownie pie that the girls devoured.
Thanks go out to Abigail for helping decorate cookies, and Nathan for helping with the ever elusive graham cracker crust.
I can't take full credit for my creations.
Despite a lack luster activity at Home Evening (I liked the socializing more)
the pie was divine, and the post activity party that included beatles rockband MORE than made up for it. Gotta love a good rockband night. Especially when it includes the Beatles.
And hey, I can still play guitar. And bass. That's a good sign :)
I really should post about last weekend's trip to Salt Lake, but seeing as I took ZERO pics, it's not as fun, or exciting.
I will say: Look for Another Earth, coming to theaters hopefully in the next year. GREAT film. Glad Brad and I were able to get seats in the theater, even if they were front row. (first experience at a Sundance film was a success)
Snowboarding, awesome per usual. Until a skier ran into me. Then, not so awesome. Pounding headache and aching shins? Not my favorite. Still reeling from that hit a week later? Definitely not fun. But hopefully I'll be back out on the slopes again soon.
And hopefully hanging out with Brad up in Salt Lake more often. It may only be 45 minutes from Provo, but it sure is enough to make me feel like I'm on vacation. Everyone needs mini-vacays, right? Salt Lake can be mine anyday :)




i didn't even realize your ears weren't pierced...let the dangly earrings being!
ReplyDelete