I realized I never posted about Memorial Day.
It was a good day.
Gorgeous.
I spent the morning watching the boys in the singles ward play ultimate frisbee and football, then played some soccer with the girls. We then jumped the fence to Bishop Francom's house for a BBQ.
the weather was so nice, i could've spent all day outside.
later that night we joined our favorite family, the Sorensens, for a BBQ at their house with our favorite missionaries, Elder Lee and Elder Barrus.
i don't think i've mentioned them yet, but Elder Lee is the "hot" item among the girls in the Thousand Oaks 2nd ward. This is his first area, so yes, he is a BABY. His companion Elder Barrus has been out a bit longer, but this area is new to him. They are complete OPPOSITES, but oh so funny together.
It was so much fun hanging out with the Sorensens, Taylors, Celayas and the missionaries.
And the additional friends that came along.
It's always a good time over there.
It was also cool hanging out and getting to know the Elders in our ward, because I've never personally done that before, and as I was getting ready for work Tuesday morning, I was thinking of how WE were now part of those missionaries' stories. They would write home to their families and tell them about these ward members they met and spent the day with. I've always been on the reading end of those emails/letters, never part of the story, and finally I've accomplished that.
Plus, Elder Lee is SO attractive ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment