Graduation was last week.
At first I was excited. Then I wasn't so excited because I realized I didn't have any friends to walk with. But then the day of, I got excited again.
It was a lot more exciting the second day, when they announced my major, my name and I walked across that stage in my cougar blue, too large gown to get my diploma (cover) and shake hands with the dean of my school and other administrative folk.
Now it's really summer. And I have to admit, I am not a fan of it.
Doesn't help that all my friends are gone, home, on vacation, just out of town.
It's hard keeping myself entertained with no one to hang out with.
It still hasn't hit me that I am a college graduate.
Maybe that's because I don't know what I'm doing with my life still, or because I don't actually have a job yet.
It might hit me when school starts up again the end of the month and I'm still lounging around at my mom's house. Geez, I need to find a job.
Any suggestions?
When I graduated, I felt a bit like I fell into a hole. What the devil was I to do with myself? And then... two weeks later... I met Deg, got a summer job, and had a teaching job. In retrospect, I've realized that God was in control. He knew what was going on and gave me what I needed when I needed it. I only wish I would have trusted Him more - he does know what he's doing. So, I know it's not good advice, but... pray like it's up to God, and work like it's up to you, and He'll put you where you need to go. Good luck, and remember that you always have a place in Prov-orem to stay and play!
ReplyDelete