Sunday, December 7, 2008

Thanks for giving

It's a week later and I'm FINALLY posting about Thanksgiving. Basically, it was amazing. Given, I DID have a 15 page research paper due the day I got back, BUT I tried to enjoy the time I had at home with my family and friends. It was a much needed break. The weather was a little iffy, but a lot better than what we were experiencing in Utah, at least, temperature wise. We drove all day with Luis and his gf Rachel, stopping for dinner at her parents' house in St. George, getting in late Tuesday night. I played a few rounds of Guitar Hero while Brianna showered and crashed. Wednesday morning we were rudely awaken by my mother running in and jumping on us. Sure, it was close to noon, but we were tired! We ended up sitting and talking to her and Kiana and Bryce for a good while before we actually got up and got going. We ran necessary errands, Target, Newbury Park HS, grocery store, before heading to Toppers to meet our dad for dinner. We saw our brother Chris, and the Lytles! Love them! Later, Brianna, Kiana and I met up with the TO stake crew to head down to Santa Monica Pier. Unfortunately, it had rained the night before and so everything was wet and closed down. I also
 think it was on account of it being the day before Thanksgiving. Oh well. It was enjoyable anyway. 
Thursday was a lazy day, watching tv, playing games, attempting to write papers (me) and cooking. Dinner was delicious, as should be expected, and once it was all digested (mostly), we headed over to the Sorensen's house for games and desserts. We started out with the Celebrity
 Name game (two rounds! so fun!) and then went in for the kill (dessert). Delish!
After dessert, the kids and some of the adults wanted to play knock out, so we went into the backyard and played about 4 rounds of it (I never won...bummer. Out of practice I suppose).

 After some bball, we came back inside and broke out the board games: Sequence (new favorite game!!! Kandice, come down to PROVO and play with me!!! haha), chinese checkers, sorry, and a game of monopoly for the little boys. Laughter, conversation, cheating. It was fabulous. We
 stayed there until 1 am (the latest I've ever stayed out with my entire family...EVER) just
 chatting and catching up. Quite fun.
Around this time, I found out that my best friend Jacob Chun was coming home early from his trip to Texas, so I convened with his older brother Russell to surprise him after he got home
 from the airport on Friday. I'd say it was quite the success :) Such a grand reunion! He just got home from his mission to Everett, Washington early October, so I hadn't seem him, although
 I'd talked to him on the phone twice. Wow, it was great to see him again and to hang out with him. That night Brianna, Jacob, Russell and I decided to hang out, but things got a little messy. Russell left, and the rest of us (including Lindy-Jacob's gf-and Jessi Cumins) headed over to Bret Caldwell's house (who had just gotten home from HIS mission two days prior) to say hey. Another great reunion! Things definitely haven't changed with those two...still exactly the same. :) We were supposed to meet up with Russell but I didn't have any gas or money so Bri and I headed home. But Saturday was our shopping day, checking out the renovations over at the Oaks Mall. Fun, even though we didn't buy anything. 
Oh I forgot...we took family christmas pictures Friday during the day too. Turned out better than usual haha. While watching the USC-Notre Dame game, I made plans to hang out with Russell and Jacob again. They picked me up and brought me back to their house where J made a special spaghetti concoction and we watched Batman and Robin before getting the crew together to head to Zuma Beach for our traditional beach night.
I ended up sitting with Jacob on the beach for a good, half hour, 45 minutes just talking about everything. His life, my life, high school, news, college. Everything. We laughed, we got deep, we were serious. We headed back once we realized that Lindy would not be very happy with me particularly for stealing him away for a bit :/ After that I hit some golf balls with Jerrid and Eric into the ocean...another tradition for us :)
Definitely a good night especially getting to talk to Jacob, just like old times. Sunday we left again and of course it was a gorgeous 85 degrees and sunny! We also found out that Provo was going to be around 32 that day--joy. Such a short break, but a great one. Now it's only 2 weeks until we're back again for Christmas...Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment