Saturday, November 22, 2008

Twilight

So, I went and saw Twilight at midnight last night. Not gonna lie, I was extremely disappointed. Now, I knew it wasn't going to be as good as the book, I'm not that naive, but I had heard from Stephenie Meyers brother Seth on her website that it was "amazing." So I was expecting for it to still be a good movie--it was not. I won't give details for those people who have yet to see it, but I will give my opinions.
  1. The acting was terrible. Completely subpar. (Although I kinda knew it would be from the moment they announced the cast. I still love Robert Pattinson, but not as Edward. Henry Cavill is still Edward in my mind)
  2. The screenplay...terrible. Too many awkward, silent moments that should have been filled with something, anything.
  3. It seemed very low-quality, low-budget to me. Which makes sense since they literally filmed it in about 2 months. There's no way anyone can film a movie in that short amount of time and expect it to actually BE GOOD.
  4. I will give Kristen Stewart props. She's an ok actress. I didn't like her for Bella, but really, who's going to like the actors chosen for characters that they have already dreamed up images for in their head?
  5. I really really loved Taylor Lautner though. I think I may convert to a Jacob fan! haha.
So, once people have a chance to see the movie, I might delve more into my reasons about why I didn't like it. I just came out of the movie NOT SATISFIED. It did absolutely nothing for me and my love for the story. In fact, it made me want to go back and re-read it so that I could remember why I liked it in the first place.
I didn't like the fact that we stood OUTSIDE the theater for a good two hours before we could actually go inside and sit down. Not a fan of that. Not to mention the fact that it was FREEZING last night. Definitely put a damper on the night.
Maybe I'll have to go see it again though...a lot of people seemed to have liked it. Maybe I was just too tired to actually appreciate it. Who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment