Sunday, August 3, 2008

summer is coming to an end

I leave for CA on Saturday. Early, may I add. Like, 8 am early. shoot me in the face.
I don't want to leave. I love this place. I've finally become comfortable in my surroundings, and have found friends to hang out with. Funny how life works out like that.
I finally went to the DC singles' ward last sunday...it was great. Truly. I loved the atmosphere, I loved how the church building sits right on the outskirts of the city, I love the architecture of it, I love everything about it, including the people. I even ran into Elder Wilcox there, who was my home teacher freshman year. I had completely forgotten he was serving out here. It was nice to see at least one familiar face in a roomful of about 200 strangers. This week I went as well and ran into another of my old freshman friends, this one was my neighbor, Heidi. Brought back good memories of that year. She told me all about her experiences in the Washington Seminar program. It made me want to do it all over again. We both leave on Saturday, sad about leaving this place, but excited about going back home to CA. Our discussion though made me decide that I AM coming back here next summer. I'm foregoing my decision to stay in Provo for the summer and coming back to the place that feels so right for me. I'll do my internship and get the credits I need to graduate on time. What a perfect solution. I'd rather be out here than in Provo anyway. Especially if I know I can go to the DC 2nd ward all summer long. :)
Now that I'm done working, I've gotta figure out what I want/need to do this week before I leave. I feel like I haven't done much, even though I know that's not entirely true. I'll find something to pass the time, I'm sure. No more sitting around being bored. Nope. I'm going to have an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment