Tuesday, January 1, 2008

legend has it...

...that when the Santa Ana's blow, anything can happen.
That's a quote from The Holiday. I absolutely love that movie and watched it again last night. I wonder if that is actually true. If it is, then something AMAZING better happen to me soon. The Santa Ana's have been blowing since I've been home in California and it has yet to stop. The only good thing that comes of these winds is the CLEARNESS of the sky...the stars are SO bright tonight! I wish there was a way for me to capture that on film because it is gorgeous! :)

So this New Years', although anticipated to be another boring one, turned out better than expected and for that, I am grateful. I spent it with Sarah, Nell, Amy and Jonny LeFevre, Thomas Lang, Amy Nevers, Josh Jordan and Royce Rowan at Chili's for dinner (which we waited like, an hour and a half before we could even ORDER, yeah, not one of the highlights). But then we headed over to Lauren Campbell's house for a party type scene where we were met by Jordan and Tyler who drove all the way out from Glendora. Spent some time hanging out, playing games and enjoying each other's company, watched the ball dropped and celebrated the new year. Not too shabby. I'm going over to Nell and Sarah's tomorrow to watch the Rose Bowl game since I was unable to get tickets this year :( sad, I know. But it should be fun. Hopefully I'll have some time to make it out to the beach before the rains start pouring in and ruin the beautiful sunshine we've had the last week.
All in all it was a fairly good night, nothing to complain about, so again, I am grateful. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment