Tuesday, December 6, 2011

back to december

i love this time of year. i love the feeling i get when i see everything being lit up, of the cold weather, of everyone just being downright happier and nicer to one another.
i love even more, being in the city. the lights started going up right before thanksgiving, they were lit the day after, and we've been loving it ever since then.
I'm not such a fan of how cold it's been (at least without some semblance of snow, which we have yet to receive a really good blanketing snow storm) but the lights sure are pretty and romantic :)
i've definitely been able to go to Temple Square a few times already to see the lights, though every time it's been overcrowded (and I'll have to say, I haven't been much of a fan of the influx in traffic that we've been experiencing due to visitors)

but if you recall my winter bucket list from a few weeks ago, i've definitely crossed a few things off:
Temple Square lights (x3)
Ice Skating at Gallivan! (outdoor rink!!)
Nutcracker (went with work to see Ballet West--loved it!)
Bought a Christmas tree

I was supposed to go to the Festival of Trees, but got left behind, so hopefully I'll still be around next year.
And seeing as there is no snow on the ground, I'm still waiting for the others to be fulfilled. But i have a good feeling about this season (though I don't think the carriage ride is going to happen, unless a boy suddenly decides to love me, but I have my doubts).

In other news, I've hit somewhat of a block when it comes to writing. I've neither had the desire, nor the motivation to blog. So i apologize to the....3 or so readers I have. I'm not an avid blogger. Though, I do have 5 or 6 drafts waiting to be finished, or written in general. so maybe my brain isn't completely blocked...

And now, for some pictures, because what's a blog post without pictures?






No comments:

Post a Comment