Tuesday, August 9, 2011

We're not in {provo} anymore

Spent the afternoon exploring my new city. It's kind of a culture shock. I mean, I know I'm from California, I should be used to this by now, right? (this meaning being surrounded by non-members, weirdos, etc)
I guess being in provo for the last 11 months made me forget what the real world is like. It's funny how different two cities just 45 miles apart can be. Both college towns, but one so so not like the other.
And the people. So not similar.
I don't quite feel comfortable here yet, I feel like I stick out like a sore thumb, as if people know that I'm an outsider.
I'll adjust.
I just need to get used to how different it is, and how different parts of the city are from each other. My smiths store? Fancy schmancy.

Good news though: I've ordered a big girl bed. It comes saturday. You're welcome to come help me break it in. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment