Friday, April 1, 2011

a weird dream

i felt i had to post about my awesomely weird dream i had last night, if not for posterity or friends, then at least for my own benefit.

You know those dreams that just kind of stick with you? Where you can remember most of the details, and while you're dreaming, you realize you're dreaming and because it's so good you force yourself to stay asleep so that you can finish it? Well, that was me last night.

So I was (I think) at my home stake's building for some church related function, but for some reason I was wandering the building looking for my football. (I am very particular about my football. don't judge me) When I finally found it (it was very important that I do so) it was flat, but that didn't bother me. I took that football into the other room where who else, Jimmer Fredette was there signing autographs. I took my football, flat and all, up to The Jimmer and asked him to sign it (despite the fact that he's a BASKETBALL player, that didn't matter to me, I just wanted his autograph), and it didn't seem to bother him either. He started signing and as he was signing, started to recite, what I thought was a phone number (which he was writing as well) out loud to me. It turned out it was his address, but not at home, on campus. He wanted me to come hang out with him, but I told him I'm rarely on campus, if ever, but that I would try to make it up there. We continued to talk a bit longer and then before I left to return to whatever function was happening in the next room, I grabbed a sheet of paper and proceeded to (not so artistically, though i thought it looked awesome) write out my name, address and phone number so that he could call me. I thought i was very sly :)

After I gave him that sheet of paper he called me and that was that. I felt very good about myself. Plus, I was on the path to dating a famous {college} basketball player. Although I was slightly confused because I thought he was dating someone, but that didn't really bother me :)

Guess that time my supervisor mentioned: the BYU basketball team and how he was going to hook me up with a Utah Jazz player finally resonated in my dream-mind. I'll take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment