Yesterday, I was re-reading excerpts from the book "He's Just Not That Into You" (yes, the one that the movie is loosely based on, I haven't seen the movie though, and honestly, don't plan on it) and came to the conclusion that the writers were on to something when they wrote that.
How many times do girls sit around whining and complaining about the guys they're interested in not making an effort to ask them out? Why do we torture ourselves over guys who are obviously missing out on a wonderful opportunity to even get to know a really fantastic girl?
As soon as I read some of the authors' comments: "If a guy is interested, he'll ask you out." I realized that I have completely been wasting my time drooling over guys, praying that they'll ask me out, when they've had plenty of opportunities and haven't taken them.
I realized, I'm okay with waiting for those guys that are actually interested enough in me to ask me out. I don't need to be that girl that agonizes over whether I should call and invite a guy I'm interested in to do something. If he was interested in me as more than a friend, he would ask me out.
I've given enough guys enough opportunities to take me out and if they're not going to use them, then I don't need them.
Please don't take this as a "oh i'm so depressed, boys don't like me!" In fact, I found it very refreshing and liberating to come to this conclusion. In fact, I spent last night watching tv and reading blogs and then proceeded to go to bed by 10. I felt GREAT. :)
Hi! Found you from another blog!
ReplyDeleteAs a wife of 15 years, (I never read the book, but did watch the movie) I have to say there is truth to that!
If the guy really "is into you" there is nothing that will stop him from pursuing you.
My husband used to drive 3 1/2 hours to visit me. He'd never done that for ANY other girl!
Looking forward to reading more of your blog posts! :)