Monday, January 24, 2011

so sick of the drama!

Lately, I've been feeling a little bit like this,
and for many reasons. 
Stress, annoyance, my email freaking out this morning...whatever.
The main reason is the DRAMA. i'm over it.
I feel like I'm (once again) the child in between divorcing parents: both come to me (separately, of course) to complain about the other, not realizing the damage it's doing.
I won't take sides. I can't take sides. 
And it isn't fair to me to be stuck in the middle.
(which reminds me, I put several people in the middle of my own drama last semester, and once I realized I was doing it, I stopped. I apologize. It's really not fair. Believe me.)
So basically, if you've got an issue with someone, especially someone I know and am friends with, vent, rant, whatever, but don't expect me to take sides or say, "you're right, so-and-so is so ______". actually, scratch that, i don't want to hear it.
maybe it's just me, but i'm the kind of person that has to FIX things. i'm a fixer.
(cue Mean Girls line: "I'm a pusher Cady, I push people")
So if I feel like something is weird/awkward/tense/whatever, I talk to the person about it
(after complaining for a couple days and growing some courage to do so)
but I do it. Because it's better to get things out in the open despite the possible repercussions than to let things simmer and build up, and to leave those miscommunications up for interpretation.
It's always "he said, she said" (or whatever the situation).
So fix it, or leave me out of it. I'd prefer the latter so I don't have to hear it anymore.
(and I'd like to keep my 2011 pretty drama-free. So far it's worked out. Let's hold on for 11 more months, yah?)

{*can't we all just get along?*}


2 comments:

  1. Okay, OKAY. So I think you have weird feet, so what? Okay, it's out in the open now. Geeze, now stop blogging about me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gosh caitlin, there is always SO MUCH DRAMA around you! glad we got that cleared up now. although, i've no idea what i'll blog about in the future, if there are no more dramatic outbursts from you. sheesh. i might have to be one of those people that only blogs once a week, or worse yet, once a MONTH! *gasp!*

    ReplyDelete