Last night I went to work basketball at Independence High School where I ran into my friend Jay, who is a ref (and quite a few years younger than I). his shift was ending while mine was starting, but we had a few minutes to chat and catch up. He sits down and asks, "so are you married?" as i've gotten this question a lot over the years, i blew it off and laughed, saying "do you see a ring on this finger??" and he said, "well, i have to ask, you never know". and i just laughed, nodding as if i knew what i meant. and then he asks, "are you dating anyone?" to which my response was an automatic, NO. He then went on and said, "well, why not?" (i never have an answer for that question. i'm still trying to figure it out myself.) So i said i don't know, and he said, I'm really surprised, I thought you would've been married by now. Thanks Jay. So did I.
But it's interesting...I've heard that from quite a few people lately. They all think I should be married, or that I was going to get married in the past year, and yet here I am, still single, with not even a glimmer of prospects. How do I get these boys to stop being lame and just ask me on dates?? I won't say no.
Proper response to the why aren't you dating anyone question (at least when an attractive boy asks) is: I'm not sure- would you like to do something about it?
ReplyDeleteAnyone else just say, "I dunno... the STD usually scares em off"