Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Day 30

{a letter to the friendliest person you knew for only one day}

Dear friend (can I call you friend?),
You made quite the first impression (and granted, ONLY impression) on me. We are now facebook friends, but I would like to be real friends. You sure were swell that one time I met you. Do you remember that time? We both happened to be at the same party. It wasn't a big party. You were with your friends, I was with mine. You were chatting, I was listening. And practicing my steps for a dance I needed to do that week. I thought I was being inconspicuous, but apparently I wasn't so good at it. Later that night, you came over to me and tried to guess the type of person I was: what movies I liked and what I enjoyed doing. I guess that was what you and your friends had been discussing right behind me, as you observed my dance moves. You pegged me straightaway, knew that I was a dancer. But I didn't feel awkward about being observed because I had never been approached in that way before. I felt completely at ease because of your friendly smile and demeanor. You were upbeat, happy, enthusiastic, and bursting at the seams to talk about all sorts of adventures and fun plans. Even from looking at your facebook page, you look like you're the friendliest person around, everyone knows you, and even better, everyone loves you.
Thanks for being so friendly that night.
Let's hang out once, yes?

No comments:

Post a Comment