Sunday, November 7, 2010

Day 20

{a letter to someone who changed your life}

(typically you would think i'd write to a parent, and i should, because my mom has changed my life, but that's a given. i thought i'd switch it up a bit. this person really DID change my life. and he'll probably never know)

My dearest friend,
I wish I could tell you what you have done for me. I'll never get the chance to, but maybe this will suffice.
You taught me what it's like to love, to have my heart literally broken, and then to grow from that, and learn.
You unknowingly, brought me to the truth, showed me the person that I wanted to be. I became better because I wanted to be better, for you. I learned to rely on the Lord because I could no longer rely on you.
I learned to trust, and yet, to not trust as easily. Rather, I know now I cannot take people for their first impressions, I need to give people time, a chance to prove themselves to me. You taught me to guard my heart, to give it only to the person that would protect it with everything that they have.
I found that I am not perfect, but that there are things I can do to bring me closer to perfection.
I learned to not abandon my friends, but to keep them close to me, hold onto them because they'll always be there for me.
For all that you've done, I thank you. I wish I could tell you in person. I wish I had said this earlier. But perhaps you know already.

Love, me.

No comments:

Post a Comment