Monday, October 25, 2010

a thoughtful compliment

last night my visiting teacher(s) came to fulfill their calling. i don't usually enjoy having my visiting teachers/home teachers visit (i know, i'm terrible) but this year, my friend sara is my visiting teacher, and she is just a doll. she doesn't have a companion, so our friend corrine comes with her every month. I love talking with them both and last night, instead of sharing the lesson (sara tends to deviate from the printed message every month, but instead chooses to talk on something relevant to the girl she's visiting...so great) she said that she thought about what she should share with me. It came down to how I'm an example to her (wow!) She said that she was looking around during Sacrament yesterday and caught me reading my scriptures and just thought how cool that was, and how I'm such a good example to her. I was so flattered. I didn't think I was doing anything extraordinary, or whatever. Reading while the sacrament is passed is just a habit of mine that I've had since my freshman year of college (thanks to a good friend of mine). It made me feel really good that people actually DO see me, and see what I do, and that I am in fact doing what i should be.
Definitely a good pick-me-up from a not so good weekend. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment