My favorite movie.
Now, anyone that really knows me, know I say "favorite" a lot. It's almost as insignificant as me saying...well, think of something you say regularly and thus has lost its meaning. Same idea. I've talked about some of my "favorites" once before, here. Today though, I'll elaborate on why these movies are my favorite.
Remember the Titans (2000)
LOVE. THIS. MOVIE. hands down probably my top favorite. forever. (and i am not being facetious). I know every line to this movie. EVERY. LINE. I quote it often. I love people that quote it as well. I have the movie practically memorized, and if I'm listening to the soundtrack, can picture the very scene that a certain song is in. Or, if someone else is watching it in another room and I hear part of it, i know exactly what's going on. Call me obsessed, but I love it. It's just such a great movie, great theme and great morals.
I can recall moments when lines from this movie were relevant to my life: when I worked as a counselor for a summer in Maryland--one of my kids asked for water...I then quoted Coach Boone: "water? water makes you weak, water is for cowards, water is for washing blood off that uniform and you don't get no blood on my uniform, boy you must be outside your mind!" I thought it was particularly awesome. Unfortunately, only one other person got it :(
Aladdin (1992)
Hands down favorite Disney movie. (okay, I guess Remember the Titans is also Disney....so favorite ANIMATED Disney movie). The music is fantastic, Aladdin was (and still is) dang hot, and man, who didn't want to: live in a palace, have a genie grant you three wishes, and have a tiger for a pet?
My most fond memory of Aladdin occurred just recently, April actually. It was playing on ABC Family one night when I was visiting friends in Utah...I started watching it with Gary and Abby, but then we had to leave for a bonfire, none of us were happy. Until Gary informed us that he was recording it. Favorite person? Yes. On the drive over to the bonfire we all belted "a whole new world". After the bonfire we returned to the Sunshine House and proceeded to watch the entire movie together, as well as sing all the songs together. Best night ever? I'd say so.
Another night, I was watching it with Bryce and Kiana and Kiana, after a particularly rambunctious singing of "friend like me" by yours truly, asked me how I knew all the words. I sat astonished that she'd even dare ask such a question. Did she not understand Aladdin's greatness?? Alas, she had never seen it until that evening. I still don't think she appreciates it as much as I do.
Mean Girls (2004)
Oh, Mean Girls. The great times that I have had watching you. Every time I watch this movie, I think of Scott Matkin, Sarah LeFevre (Tackett now), Brooke Brown and Brad Melchin. This was, and always will be, our movie. We knew every word. We quoted it to each other constantly. Brooke, Sarah and I WERE the mean girls (not ACTUALLY, but you get the idea). Hilarious movie. If you don't like this one, then you must be stupid. Sorry.
Driving home for Thanksgiving 2006...Sarah and I were in the front seat, Scott and Brad were in the back, watching this. Obviously Sarah and I could not see the screen, but could hear everything, and thus, knee when the leg slap (from their Christmas performance) came up. Oh, tears were rolling down our faces that day.
Watch it. It's fantastic.
The Holiday (2006)
Favorite holiday (or really any time) movie. I love Jude Law (so attractive!) Jack Black is hilariously loveable. And Cameron Diaz and Kate Winslet are fantastic in this. Basically, this is my go to romantic comedy whenever I'm in need of a pick-me-up. Every girl wishes she would have a fabulous run in with an awesome guy when they're least expecting it. Plus, it has a lot of truth in it, most girls have gone through what both leading ladies experience.
"you're supposed to be the leading lady of your own life!"
I have so many favorite quotes from this movie...*sigh* I'm going to go watch it...as soon as I'm done working.




Do you love that I'm copying you?
ReplyDelete