Thursday, January 7, 2010

kids say the darndest things, #4

I work with a group of kids after school in a program known as Intervention.
It's for those kids that are trouble makers, don't do their homework, aren't applying themselves, etc.
Needless to say, they're a handful, and full of attitude.
However, they do say some funny things.
Yesterday was one of those days.

I walked in and one kid immediately asked, "What kind of shampoo do you use?"
I was taken aback, but responded with, "herbal essences" (dangerously straight-fave)
another kid, who was listening in, piped in saying "i thought you would say that"
(WHAT?! ha)
so i said, "do i look like i use herbal essences or something? ha"
and the kid that asked the original question just said, "i use loreal, because i'm worth it."
oh, i busted up laughing. i couldn't help it.
it didn't help that this kid has long-ish hair, almost to his shoulders, so it came off funnier than if a guy with short hair had said it.
Some days I do enjoy my job. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment