Sunday, June 22, 2008

Introducing...







the newest addition to our family! Baby girl Denyer (name is yet to be chosen) is the second child of my favorite aunt and uncle, Steven and Carrie Denyer (whom I'm living with this summer). I woke up yesterday morning, expecting a trip to the National Zoo since we weren't able to go Friday (on account of me being called in for a second shift at work) but instead learned that I was to watch Holden while S & C went to the hospital...Carrie's water had broken. Oddly enough, she wasn't in any pain yet, so she took her sweet time getting ready. HAH. Once they left, Holden and I watched a couple movies: Indy and the Last Crusade, and James and the Giant Peach. Then we went on a walk to a park by their house where a strange boy followed us around on his bike. We then took a drive around town to run some errands, then returned home where I made dinner and Holden watched his third movie. While eating dinner, Steven called to inform me that I had a "fat new niece" but I think he meant cousin since I know he knows that she's not my niece haha. It had been a long day for him. She came in at 20 inches long, and just under 9 pounds...yes, a big chubby baby. After that news we watched another movie, the fourth for the day: Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (I'm trying to rewatch all of them, since it's been years since I've seen them...I've got one to go). Then it was bedtime, where I had to explain to Holden that Mommy and Daddy weren't gonna be home until Monday, but that Daddy would come get us tomorrow and take us to see his new baby sister.

Steven picked us up around 11 and then took us to get flowers and brownies for Mom, and snacks for him and Holden, then we got McDonalds and headed to the hospital to see the new addition. She is adorable. I so wish they had a name for her, but they still haven't decided on one. She is definitely a chubster and all red in the face, but she'll grow into all that.

Anyway, I hope the picture shows up. If not, it's on facebook. I'm still working on getting a new computer, but I don't think it'll happen until right before I go back to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment