So, the last couple of days have been fun/nice.
Hung out at the LeFevre house Friday night (uninvited, so, quite awkward, but we're always welcome there, so no biggie) and watched HSM2. Fantastic. Especially Troy's breakdown scene. That was probably my favorite part. I tuned out a lot of Vanessa Hudgen's parts because she bugs me to no extent. "you're crazy, wildcat." Cheesiness galore in this one, but hey, I never said they were blockbuster hits. Disney channel makes 'em good. HA.
Saturday was a trip to the dentist (not exciting, nor fun, in the least) and then washed my car in order to put my MAMMOTH sticker on it. The car is now officially (slash unofficially) mine. I'm slowly putting my own touches on it, to make it feel more like mine. I also just ordered an ipod car charger for my trip to utah, so i'm excited about that. Anyway though, continuing Saturday...we were supposed to take our family picture (I'll post some later, after work, since those are only available on my camera as of now), so we got ready and headed over to Gardens of the World, but it was 4:50 and they close at 5 :( major bummer. So, we decided to try Westlake Lake (redundant?) but couldn't find a good spot, so instead we headed up Westlake Blvd. to Lake Sherwood/Hidden Valley. Those goody goodys at Lake Sherwood won't even let us stop to take a picture by the lake. what the crap? The security guard at Sherwood Country Club couldn't "authorize" us to take a picture anywhere on the streets nearby. So by this point, everyone was hungry and hot and annoyed so we drove back to Westlake and hit up the Macaroni Grill for dinner (everyone dressed up/matching too. fabulous) We took a detour to Barnes & Noble (love that store) and Cost Plus before heading to the Lakes for dessert at CPK. This turned out to be partially disasterous too, because Brianna had to leave early to go to Simi and since we only had one car, she left us to go, while we enjoyed the chocolate souffle cake and chocolate & banana cake that our server (and my former roommate) Sarah brought us. Delicious, even though i was completely stuffed from my pasta milano. Definitely recommend the souffle over the cake though. it MELTS in your mouth.
After dessert I headed to my friend Michelle's goodbye party at her friend's apartment. FUN TIMES. Saw Elisabeth, whom I haven't seen in like 3 years. And met Amy's brother Eric and officially met Adam Kuch from my ward, even though I knew him way back when. Played some guitar hero and now I'm addicted, and semi-getting better.
(Pictures from that will be my next post as well)
Finally got the family picture done yesterday, in the scorching heat, so that was miserable. Then I had the daunting task of driving Brianna to Valencia to spend the night at my dad's so that they could leave this morning for Hawaii. Bittersweet goodbye. That was a sucky drive home, especially at 9:30 at night...
We'll see how she survives this next semester.
No comments:
Post a Comment