Thursday, August 9, 2007

i like you just the way you are

Free lunch today at work :) I love those days. I got a free (expensive!) lunch yesterday as well. Working at a law firm pays off sometimes. Just sometimes though.
Yesterday was Nick & Stef's for Tina's kind of goodbye lunch. I ordered the flat iron steak with a red wine sauce. MMMM. Delish. Today was our last supplemental luncheon thing with a bunch of the firmwide managers. GOOD STUFF. Mostly just sandwiches, but they were delicious. Plus we got presents: this week it was a thermos with O'Melveny's logo on it. Perfect for those cold, snowy days in Utah. I've been wanting one for a long time, now I finally have one! For free too! So I was eating one of the large white chocolate macademia nut cookies (another delish) and talking to Paul and Adam (bad idea). Paul was going off on how he didn't get a present because "he's Asian" but jokingly of course. And Adam was playing off that....well, that set me to laughing and I actually had to turn away to avoid spraying cookie all over the place. I know me and I knew that if I didn't control myself, I'd either choke, or spit food. So, in everyone's best interest, I left. But definitely one of the highlights of the day.

I'm still obsessed with SYTYCD. Probably even more so. I just rewatched all of last night's dances (Neil and Sabra's jazz = INCREDIBLE). Plus I watched all of the top 10's dances too. Mostly just the solos because I just love the choreography. And the way that Kameron just explodes, and after screaming he throws a punch and recoils from the pain of it. I also really enjoy Neil's performance with Wade Robson's choreoghraphy. He jumps so flippin high, I can't even believe it. I can't even start to guess as to who will be in the finale next week, but I have my hopes. Although they're not completely justified. I've finally come up with favorites, so it's not fair to the other dancers. I just hope Neil, Danny and Lacey are in there. As for the other girl....Sabra is fantastic. I didn't use to like her, but now that I've seen her progress, she's great. Lauren has been my favorite since auditions, but I don't know if she'll be voted into the top 4 since she's been in the bottom 4 the last two weeks. Unfortunately I have to wait until Monday to find out (although, apparently, they're taping the results tonight, just not showing them until Monday. Kind of stupid if you ask me, since most everyone will find out before then...)

Random thought: (to everyone, not me, since I've been thinking about it for a bit) I want to go to Italy next summer. Actually, I just want to backpack through Europe, but Italy will definitely be my first stop. My sister just got back from Italy/the Netherlands on Tuesday and I saw her pictures for the first time this afternoon and it looks INCREDIBLE. I'm so jealous that she got to go there. I want to so bad. I really hope I get the chance to go soon. If anyone knows cheap airlines/accommodations/etc. let me know! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment